Power Generation & Distribution
From upgrading existing power plant and distribution systems to designing and building new systems from scratch MJR Power & Automation can design, build, obtain class approval, install and commission power and distribution systems on all types of vessels.
Our capabilities are as follows:
- Development of specifications and overall system architecture, operating philosophy and single line diagrams.
- Common AC and common DC bus systems including variable speed generators and integration of energy storage and fully electric or hybrid technologies including shore power/charging and offshore power/charging.
- Load balance calculations, short circuit studies, selectivity (discrimination) studies, harmonic calculations & FMECA.
- Detailed design, build and approval to marine classification society rules of main switchboards, main distribution boards, sub distribution boards, MCCs, hotel, auxiliary and small power systems.
- Integration of our MAP-OE™ power management and integrated marine control and automation platform or third party systems.
- Detailed design, build and approval to marine classification society rules of control, automation, instrumentation, communications, data, entertainment and navigation systems.
Retrofit & Upgrade
- Detailed design, build and approval to marine classification society rules of ‘drop in’ replacement systems including replacement of generators, power management systems, engine safety and protection systems, alarm & monitoring systems, switchgear and instrumentation.
- Design and integration of remote monitoring and data logging and acquisition systems for voyage and energy optimisation, fuel reduction and remote access for maintenance and fault finding.
- Upgrades of deck power distribution systems on offshore construction vessels to support construction projects and project specific equipment spreads.
- Reactivation of systems after lay up and cold stacking.