Automation & Control
As ships become ever more reliant on automation, reliability and availability of these systems are critical to safe operation of the vessel. MJR Power & Automation has a long and successful track record of delivering automation and control systems to the marine and offshore sectors ranging from standalone PLC based control systems to complex DCS systems with multiple operator stations and thousands of distributed I/O. We have developed our own sophisticated integrated marine automation and control platform, MAP-OE™ that is built on commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware overlaid with our proprietary visualisation and operator interface software. Coupled with sophisticated remote access and data analysis capabilities, the system provides rich functionality, ease of use and low cost of ownership.
Our capabilities and some examples of our work are as follows:
- Standalone systems for alarm & monitoring of main and auxiliary machinery.
- Engine and machinery protection & safety systems.
- Integrated automation systems for full vessel platform management.
- Power management systems.
- Propulsion control systems.
- Bow/stern door & ramps control, shell door & watertight door monitoring systems.
- Bilge & ballast control systems.
- Auto heeling systems.
- Cargo control systems.
- LNG transfer systems.
- Vessel wide emergency shutdown and safety systems.
- Vessel performance monitoring, energy management & datalogging systems.
Deck, Offshore & Subsea Equipment
- Lay control systems including carousel, reel drive and tensioner control systems.
- Winch control systems including active heave compensation using our patented X-Wave™ motion compensation system.
- Specialist handling control systems such as deck conveyors, pipeline piggyback direct heating cable installation, pipe handling, subsea mattress installation, rock dumping.
- Subsea cable & umbilical manufacturing lines.
- Control systems for hydraulic power units.
- LARS, A&R and deployment control systems.
- Subsea vehicle control systems for ploughs, ROVs, trenching vehicles and drilling equipment.
- Subsea power take off and control systems for wave and tidal power generation devices.