Extensive electrical power systems upgrade for DeepOcean’s multi-role offshore construction vessel Havilla Phoenix
MJR Power & Automation provided turnkey design and project management services with MJR Power & Automation Electrical Engineers spending five months working between DeepOcean’s Darlington office and Leirvik assisting DeepOcean’s engineering team and overseeing the shipyard in carrying out the electrical conversion work.
- Power Distribution System Design for 3.3kV, 1kV, 690V, 440V, 230V & 110V Networks
- Load Analysis
- Short Circuit Calculations
- Protection Studies including Selectivity and Co-ordination Analysis
- Design of Clear-Coms, Data, CCTV, Lighting & Fire Detection Systems
- Design and specification of Power Management Systems Interface to Deck Equipment Heavy Consumers
- Design of Cable Management Systems, Cable Penetrations Cable Schedules
- DNV.GL approval and certification of all modifications.
Paul Cairns, Managing Director says:
“Electrical power systems upgrades on sophisticated diesel electric, dynamically positioned vessels on this scale require extensive experience.
Taking large amounts of power from the vessel to power back deck and subsea equipment can affect operability of the vessel and unless
designed and planned carefully can adversely affect vessel performance. Also gaining class approval for such modifications is not a trivial matter
and requires an in depth knowledge of vessel power generation, networks and power management systems. The successful delivery of the
project further demonstrates MJR Power & Automation’s extensive capabilities in the marine electrical power engineering field”
For full case note please download here Havilla Phoenix Upgrade Project